Monday, September 19, 2011

Like Napoleon from Elba, I return to blogging...

    At least, it kinda feels that way.  To sum up those self-imposed years of blogger exile (especially a particular 16 months), those thousands of  little stories, in just a handful of photographs in a single post would be quite a formidable mountain to climb, so I will quickly mobilize with a bit of recent happy news.

  In college, I fell into a sort of close- knit 'band a part' with two other photojournalist friends, Ed & Evan.  We were three idealist peas in a pod until Evan decided to switch schools, Ed returned to England, and I went to Denmark.  Last time I saw Ed, I was staying with him in his boat-like London apartment in 2007; Evan, 2009.  In 2010, Evan surprised us all and joined the Navy and has been serving in Afghanistan as a medic.  Ed has since been climbing and photographing around the World: http://www.edluke.com/  & http://www.rockstarsexhibition.com/


The cartwheel inducing news that made me so excited I actually blogged:


1. Evan is returning to CA this week - safe and sound!  AND will be on the East Coast this Fall.

2. At the same time I heard from Evan, I found this charming email in my inbox!


My reply:

  In other words, let's pretend there are words for how happy I am to see these two again and that I wrote them here.


No comments: